Tourists travelling to destinations in Kilifi County have cancelled their hotel bookings following the kidnapping of an Italian Aid worker at Chakama village last week.
The General Manager of Mada Group of Hotels, Peter Njoroge said that several hotels had experienced cancellation of bookings for the months of December to April 2019.
Speaking to the press on Monday in Malindi, Njoroge said “hoteliers in Kilifi County are also staring at travel advisories that might affect their already ailing tourist industry”.
He also said, although the police have intensified the search for Ms. Silvia Romano, “It is our wish that the girl is found alive so that our clients will feel secure and free to visit our resort town”.
Police have already identified three main suspects behind the abduction whom they say include, Yusuf Kuno Adan, Said Adan Abdi and Ibrahim Adan Omar who are believed to be hiding with the victim in Tana Delta Sub County.
The Coast Regional Commissioner (RC), Bernard Leparamai said that security officers are closing in on the suspects and was optimistic the victim will be rescued alive.
By Simon Guruba