Friday, April 16, 2021
Home > Counties > Nakuru > Four year old dies in an inferno

Four year old dies in an inferno

A four-year-old boy was burnt beyond recognition after a fierce fire gutted down their home at Kapkures village, Amalo ward in Kuresoi South Sub County.
His seven-year-old sister is said to have narrowly escaped death after she managed to escape through a window but did not manage to help her brother who wailed in pain.
Confirming the incident area village elder, Joel Sitienei termed the incident as unfortunate.
He however noted that it is alleged that the two minors were trying to connect battery wires before it exploded and brought down their house made of timber.
The children were heard by the neighbours screaming for help in the 5pm incident and they tried as much as possible to rescue the little boy but they did not manage as the fire spread very fast and they could not contain it. No property was salvaged.
According to Sitienei, the parents to the children were away for their daily works at a nearby tea buying centre when the fire broke out.
The remains of the four year old minor was taken to Olenguruone Sub County hospital.
Nominated MCA, Caroline Kilishia condoled with the family saying that it was very depressing to lose such a young person but on the same note advised parents to always leave minors in the care of responsible adults to avert such occurrences in future.
By Emily Kadzo

Leave a Reply