Property of unknown value was destroyed during a fire outbreak that lasted around three hours at Our Lady of Assumption mission Majengo Church in Eldoret early Monday.
The inferno is believed to have broken out due to poor connection of electricity in some of the buildings that were mostly affected in the church.
Residents and members of the church blamed Eldoret Fire Brigade for taking long to arrive at the scene and urged the county government to equip residents with skills on how to handle such cases while waiting for the official fire brigade to arrive.
They also asked Kenya Power Company to ensure their workers were well trained to avoid poor connection during wiring to avoid fire loses from electric faults.
By Kiptanui Cherono