A Kibabii University student who side hustles as a bodaboda operator was electrocuted, Wednesday afternoon next to a well at Zerozero area in Kanduyi along Malaba Kanduyi Highway, Bungoma County where he had stopped to wash his motorcycle.
A wire had been cut off from a nearby electricity pole by a passing lorry on Monday and was left hanging near the well.
He was obviously oblivious of the looming danger when he bent down to scoop some water from the well and accidentally touched the wire meeting his immediate death.
The incident comes just three weeks after a primary school girl in Bumula Constituency lost his life in a similar circumstance.
Residents of the area claim they tried to reach out to Kenya Power Company but their efforts proved futile.
Fellow Bodaboda operators told journalists that they were yet to know his name since he was a new member at their Kibabii stage.
Some students at Kibabii University have been reported to be engaging in small businesses, including the lucrative Bodaboda business during off hours to supplement their upkeep cash.
His body was picked by police and taken to Bungoma Referral Hospital Mortuary.
By Lydia Wanaswa and Roseland Lumwamu