Saturday, January 28, 2023
Home > Editor's Pick > Contractors to be kept on toes

Contractors to be kept on toes

Contractors implementing the national government projects estimated at Sh.41 billion in Isiolo County will be kept on toes to ensure projects completion so that residents could enjoy the envisioned services.

The outgoing County Commissioner (CC), John Ondego assured County heads and residents that the County Development Implementation Co-ordination Committee (CDICC) will continue playing its role of ensuring that projects by the government are rapidly completed to benefit area people in the specified time.

Ondego  was speaking during introduction of  Joseph Kanyiri to heads of national government departments following his transfer from Lamu County while Ondego moves to Kitui County.

The  CC  said the inspection and monitoring of government projects by CDICC has brought to light the completed and ongoing government projects worth sh. 41 billion which include roads, ICT infrastructure, education, water and health sectors in the County.

Ondego disclosed that the Universal Health Cover (UHC) which is being implemented in the County has reached 90 per cent coverage of the population adding the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) would continue registering the remaining 10 per cent.

He said among the equipment made available at the Isiolo County Referral Hospital include Renal unit, CT-scan and X-ray machines which has attracted an overwhelming number of patients seeking the free health services.

The  UHC is one of the four pillars of President Uhuru Kenyatta development agenda being implemented as pilot projects in Kisumu, Machakos, Nyeri and Isiolo counties before being rolled out across the country.

On  the recent Huduma Namba registration, Ondego revealed that the County fared poorly because the target set for the area was exaggerated.

He  said the figure was unrealistic and the County was ranked last because of the conflicting figures.

On his part, Kanyiri called upon the civil servants to always endeavor to give the best of service in their respective fields in order to be remembered in future and make life for other Kenyans better.

He pledged to carry on with the programs that are in progress and strive to carry out the mandate of coordinating the national government functions in the County.

Kanyiri  pointed out that the national government was not in competition with the county government but the programmes and projects undertaken by both should be well spelt out so that residents could benefit from the planned services.

He however, stressed the importance of visibility of the national government programmes and projects since wananchi were slowly forgetting the services planned by the national government and thought that all grassroots activities were executed by the devolved units.

By  David  Nduro

Leave a Reply