Home > Counties > CS Magoha commissions CBC classrooms in Nyamira

CS Magoha commissions CBC classrooms in Nyamira

Education Cabinet Secretary Prof George Magoha has hailed progress made by contractors in finalizing construction of CBC classrooms as directed by the President.

While commissioning finished, CBC classrooms at Sengera Manga mixed and Nyamira Boys secondary schools in Nyamira County, the CS confirmed that 2300 classrooms in phase one of the project have already been commissioned in the country.

“We have already achieved 72 per cent of the of the targeted 6400 schools in phase one of the CBC classroom projects and are optimistic that before we start the National Exams, the remaining 28 per cent will have been finalized,” he assured.

“Nyamira County is at 82 per cent completion and the County CBC implementation committee needs to move with speed and commission all completed classrooms by March 7 because we are not going to allow any contractor and stranger within the school premises to come in contact with our students once the national examinations commence,” Magoha said.

He warned that officers at the County public works and treasury offices against delaying in sending relevant contractors’ documents who have completed the works to fast track their payments or risk a sack.

“We want to ensure that nothing stops payment of contractors whose projects have been completed, inspected, and commissioned for use. We shall replace with immediate effect any officer delaying or sabotaging the work of paying contractors,” the CS warned.

He further thanked Safaricom for accepting to put in extra time to assist in paying the contractors and congratulated them for their sacrifice and efficiency in paying contractors who have finished their construction works.

“I want to wish all our class eight and form four candidates success in their forthcoming final examinations. There is no need to panic because we are very much aware that terms have been compressed and studying all that was required by the syllabus posed a great challenge. Just do your best and I promise that it shall be well,” Magoha assured.

The CS hinted that he will be commissioning several other completed CBC classrooms in other parts of the country next week to ensure that they are ready for use and in line with the project stipulated timeline.

CBC classrooms are being constructed in various secondary schools in the entire country to enable them accommodate double entry of students in secondary schools in 2024 where there will be students joining form one and another class of the CBC curriculum system joining junior secondary in the same institutions.

By Deborah Bochere


Leave a Reply