Public Health in Narok County has urged area residents to adhere to regulations set to curb the spread of Covid-19 after two people tested positive for the disease yesterday (Wednesday).
Narok Public Health Director Edward Tankoi said the surging new cases reported in the country could be avoided if people put on facemasks the right way, avoid shaking hands and clean their hands regularly.
He said one person is admitted at Ololulunga Covid-19 facility while two others are in home-based isolation after they tested positive for the disease.
So far, 58 people in the county have succumbed to the disease while 1,365 positive cases have been confirmed since the disease was first reported in the country in March 2020.
Tankoi called on residents who have not been vaccinated to get the jab at the nearest health facility adding it is more prudent to prevent the disease than curing.
“The vaccines are offered free of charge in all public health centers. There is no reason why one should not walk into the nearest facility and get the jab free of charge,” he reiterated.
He said so far about 130, 500 people have received the first dose in the county while 83, 880 are fully vaccinated. He called on those fully vaccinated to get a booster shot.
Narok County Commissioner Isaac Masinde while speaking in a different event urged the residents to put on a facemask whenever they are in public places to prevent the spread of the disease.
“We all have a responsibility of keeping the disease at bay by doing what we are advised to do. Those who will fail to follow the protocol set will be forced to do so,” he said.
His sentiments were echoed by Narok Governor Samuel Tunai who asked residents to be vaccinated and follow guidelines set by the department of health so that they can remain health.
In Kenya, over 330, 000 people have been confirmed positive for the disease since it was first reported and 5,651 deaths reported.
By Ann Salaton