Monday, March 30, 2020
Home > Counties > Schools forced to go manual after failure of NEMIS

Schools forced to go manual after failure of NEMIS

Kakamega High School has managed to enroll more than 200 form one students on the first day of admission.

The Principal Gerald Orina said they are expecting 500 of them and the process will go on until Friday which is the deadline.

Orina stated that the exercise was going on smoothly despite the failure of the National Education Management Information System (NEMIS) which prompted the use the manual system.

“We are using a printed list but the details will be uploaded once the NEMIS starts working,” he observed.

He said they have so far admitted one needy case of George Ingatwa from Nandi County, saying the school alumni and other well-wishers have pledged to support him.

The School Head appealed to the parents and guardians to do their part by paying fees on time so that the school operates effectively.

The same was  witnessed in Bishop Sulumeti Girls’ High School where long queues of parents and students could be seen.

The Principal, Jane Cheloti, said they have admitted 100 out of the 300 girls who are expected to join the school.

By Sammy Mwibanda and Remigius Maloba

Leave a Reply