Body is Found Dumped at Kyua village

Counties Editor's Pick Kitui News Security

Resident of Kyua village, Yatta Sub county, Machakos county were last Friday shocked to discover the  body of a 30 -year -old man  dumped behind a residential house.


Detectives who visited the scene say the body had marks on the neck which indicated he was strangled. Blood was also oozing from the mouth and nose of the victim.


Machakos County Police Commander Mohamed Farah Maalim says his officers are still trying to unravel the circumstances that led to the death of the man whose identity was yet to be revealed until the next of kin are informed.


“We cannot reveal the identity of the person until a conclusive post-mortem exercise is done on the body to help unravel the cause of death. Until then we urge the public to stop speculating about the cause of death and let the relevant authorities conclude investigations,” said Maalim.


The body was later transferred to the Kitui Level five Hospital mortuary as Police launch investigations into the incident.


The latest incident comes in the wake of another shocking incident this week in which a Machakos University student was shot dead by armed thugs inside a hostel in Machakos town.


Patrick Mutua, who was a first year student  pursuing a Bachelor’s degree course in Food and Beverage was shot by two men after they struck at the  student’s hostel at the Kiima Kimwe area, a few kilometers from the university premises.


According to Maalim, the deceased was in the company of two of his colleagues on Monday night when the thugs stormed into their room and ordered them to lie down.


Mutua, who had come to visit one of the friends and stayed late did not comply.


According to Police, the deceased refused to comply with the thugs’ order that they lie down leading one of them to shoot him twice. The gang later made away with the students lap tops and mobile phones.


“From what we have gathered so far the student met his death after he refused to comply with the criminals after they had ordered the trio to lie down. It was then that one of the thugs drew out a gun and shot the student twice killing him on the spot,”said Maalim.


The Police chief is now calling upon residents to cooperate in the event they fall into the hands of armed criminals to avoid being hurt or losing their lives in the course of struggle.


He nevertheless said Police are in hot pursuit of the suspects who fled from the scene immediately after the incident.


“We have not yet made any arrests so far but our officers are in the process of tracking the suspects down.  We however don’t know why the gang targeted the particular room as there are very many other students and locals residing in the area. We also want to know if the surviving students had ever met the men previously before the fateful incident,” said the Police boss.



By  Samuel Maina and Moses Mutuku

Leave a Reply