Saturday, October 24, 2020
Home > Business & Finance > Four Children scalded by hot water in a Chang’aa den in Kericho 

Four Children scalded by hot water in a Chang’aa den in Kericho 

A  Chang’aa brewing venture  on Wednesday night turned tragic at Cheplel village in Kericho County after a pot containing hot water  burst and scalded four children of the same  family .

The  incident occurred while the children were asleep at their home near a fire place as the illicit brew distillation and drinking spree by Chang’aa revelers went on.

According to the Kapsoit ward MCA, Paul Chirchir, the children were scalded as they slept forcing the mother to raise alarm which attracted villagers who rushed to the scene and organised for transport to rush the children to Kericho county hospital.

The  Kericho County Health Services Department Chief  Officer, Dr. David  Ekuam  said the minors aged between three and six years suffered over 40 per cent body burns.

By  Dominic Cheres

Leave a Reply