Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Home > covid 19 > Governor Kivutha Kibwana dismisses corona case in Makueni County

Governor Kivutha Kibwana dismisses corona case in Makueni County

The  Makueni County Governor, Prof. Kivutha Kibwana has dismissed claims by Health Cabinet Secretary (CS), Mutahi Kagwe that there is one person who has contracted Corona virus in the County.

Kivutha said that the one case announced by the Cabinet Secretary on Wednesday was of a person on transit. The person had been tested in Mombasa before starting the journey.

“Sure the person who was travelling from Mombasa was called and found out that he was at Emali town in Makueni. The man had been tested in Mombasa and is a resident of Mombasa,” he said.

“In Makueni, we do not have a case of coronavirus yet and we thank God for that,” said Kibwana while addressing the media in Wote on Wednesday evening.

While saying the man had since travelled back to Mombasa, the governor urged the residents of Makueni to continue observing all guidelines from the ministry of health in a bid to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

However, he thanked the residents for obeying government directives while thanking the national government for tackling the covid-19 saying this is a disease like any other and one can go to hospital and get treated.

By  Patrick Nyakundi

Leave a Reply