Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Home > Business & Finance > Murang’a Business Woman Murdered in Her Shop.

Murang’a Business Woman Murdered in Her Shop.

A middle aged businesswoman was on Monday morning found killed in her shop located at Kandundu area at outskirts of Murang’a town.

The body of Margaret Waithera was found lying on pool of blood after unknown assailants slit her neck.

Neighbours said they heard commotion  behind  her shop where she was staying.

The door  to  the shop was open and there was no trace to indicate it was broken into raising suspicion that there was someone inside the house who fled after the incident.

The mess in the shop shows that there was struggle between the woman and the attacker with some locals claiming the assailant could have been known by the deceased.

Local residents told KNA that the woman was living alone after she separated with her husband some years ago.

One of the residents Peter Karobia said that the murder could have  been occasioned by a love triangle .

He observed that the mother of four was staying alone behind her shop, after she walked away from her matrimonial home barely a kilometer away.


“We need police to conduct investigations to expose individuals behind her death,” said Karobia.


Police in their initial investigations said the assailant could have made away with unknown amount of money going by records of sales’ books.


Murang’a East Sub County Police Commander (SCPC) Alexander Muasya said the matter was being investigated by Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) to help track her last moments.


He added that a matatu operator who is believed to be her boyfriend was arrested to help police in the investigations.


The neck of  the woman,  the SCPC  said, was slit with a sharp object and  items  in her shop were scattered all over  indicating that  there was confrontation.


“The police will record statements from neighbours and her family as part of investigations to unravel those behind the incident,” said Mr. Muasya.


The body was removed and taken to Murang’a County Referral Hospital for postmortem.


By Bernard Munyao and Molly Wanjau


Leave a Reply