Home > Counties > Brothers die after touching hanging power line in Ndhiwa

Brothers die after touching hanging power line in Ndhiwa

Two brothers are reported to have died Thursday after touching a live wire at Rota Village, Upper Kayambo Sub Location within Ndhiwa Sub-County.

The two, Eddy Omondi and Jordan Oluoch, grade three and Pre-Primary two pupils respectively at Rota Primary School, had taken their family’s cattle to the pasture at the time of the incident.

As they were going about grazing, Oluoch, nine years old, accidentally touched a loose electric cable from an electrification project and got electrocuted.

Omondi saw his brother’s situation and tried to help him off the wire but unfortunately faced the same fate.

According to the Assistant Chief of Upper Kayambo location Thomas Siengo, the two died on the spot.

“Omondi who saw his brother in an electrocuted state, touched him with bare hands in order to rescue him but ended up being electrocuted too,” he stated.

The rural electrification project was only three days old after completion when the incident occurred.

The administrator averred that one of the electric poles was damaged and was bent, adding, “We have called Kenya Power officials as well as the police to the scene for further investigations,” he said.

The bodies were taken to Manyatta Kobodo mortuary.

By Sitna Omar


Leave a Reply