Thursday, March 30, 2023
Home > News > Voi woman dies after electrocution

Voi woman dies after electrocution

A   woman  died  on  Wednesday after she was electrocuted at  Mwakingali  village in  Voi sub-county  while hanging wet  clothes on  a line.

A  neighbor who rushed to the rescue of the victim was also electrocuted, but survived with serious mouth injuries.

Residents  said  the victim was hanging clothes on a line whose one end was exposed and was in contact with a nearby power  line.

“No one could have saved her. The neighbor who tried to drag her away was also electrocuted but she survived,” said,  Moses Mwakio, a neighbor.

The  body  was taken to Moi County Referral Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem as the injured neighbor was rushed  to Moi  hospital for treatment.

Sources at the hospital said she was in stable condition.

The   Voi  Sub-County Police Commander (SCPC), Joseph Chesire  confirmed the incident explaining that a live wire had  touched the   clothes line making it lethal.

“It  was  purely  a  case of bad luck. The hanging line was powered and the woman was electrocuted. The one assisting  was  also partly electrocuted,” he said.

A  probe into the incident has been launched.

By  Wagema  Mwangi

Leave a Reply