Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Home > covid 19 > County set Strict Measures to curb Covid-19 spread

County set Strict Measures to curb Covid-19 spread

Narok  County has put strict measures to prevent Covid-19 contagion in the region after the first case was reported in the region on Saturday.

Speaking  after holding a County Emergency and Response Committee meeting at the County headquarters on Monday, the Narok Governor, Samuel Tunai said the case was of a 35-year-old man from Suswa Trading Centre in Narok East Sub County.

Tunai  said a multi-disciplinary healthy team was immediately dispatched to trace all the people who had come into contact with the man and to offer guidance and counseling to the patient.

“The  man has been isolated in one of the wards in Narok Referral Hospital where a team of 11 medics who are also quarantined are taking care of him. He is in stable condition,” reported the governor.

Tunai  who  was accompanied by area County Commissioner (CC), Samuel Kimiti said 26 contacts had been traced and quarantined and their samples taken to Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI)

He  said since the outbreak of the disease in March this year, over 500 samples have been collected from various persons in the county and delivered to KEMRI for testing.

“The  samples were mainly taken from medics, quarantined persons and food handlers. Out of the 500 samples taken, we have got a feedback of 270 samples which were all negative,” reiterated Tunai.

He  said the county is committed to test as many people as possible in a bid to ensure the county remains Covid- 19 free.

At  the same time, the county boss announced that his administration was committed to put up the 300-bed capacity agreed by the council of governors during last week’s state house meeting within the next 30 days.

“We are also committed to building a Covid-19 isolation centre in one of our wards that will only cater for Covid-19 patients. This will help in easy handling of the new virus,” continued Tunai.

He  reminded residents that it was the responsibility of every individual to follow the basic regulations put by the department of Health to keep corona virus at bay.

On his part, the CC reiterated that the security team will be on high alert to ensure all the guidelines put by the department of health were adhered to.

“Now  that we have a confirmed case, we will be more alert. Anyone who flouts the laid regulations will be punished accordingly,” said Kimiti.

He reminded the residents that weddings, birthdays and other celebrations should be attended by a maximum of 12 persons, failure of which those concerned will be arrested.

By  Ann  Salaton

Leave a Reply